
How do you think people would respond if they found out that Darwin created evolution for a different reason then science? Was it racism? Or even anger? I read recently that Darwin had a organization send to him three native men. After studying these men, he sent them back saying that they were less evolved, or in other words, less human then white people.
Before he wrote his book, Darwin actually believed in the Bible. He had no doubt in the literal view of the Bible. He believed that the wonder of nature actually confirmed the existence of God, which I believe myself. But, he eventually started doubting. For example, when he saw the wonders of a certain kind of plankton, he wondered why God kept this creature hidden from the world. This caused him to start wondering if God was even real. It's so ironic! His awe of creation caused him to believe in God, but in the end it drove him away. He also thought about animals eating each other, and wondered why they would do this, if they're creator was perfect. Though, if we read the Bible, we know this is because of the problem of sin. Us humans brought sin into the world, not God.
Darwin's anger towards God though was his final step away from Christianity. Several years before he published his book, his daughter died. He became angry with God, leaving the faith. My theory is that all this pushed him harder to devise the theory of evolution.
Darwin at one point also said he thought God was the perfect lawgiver, but turns right around to marry his Cousin. Kind of gross. This with all I have already said make me think that he wasn't a Christian. He claimed he believed in the Bible as literal law, but disobeys and even misses some things the Bible talks about. Anyway, this is just were I stand on the "Could he be a Christian if..." debate.
Anyway, I hope you liked my first real post. I hope you also like the funny picture of Darwin I found while surfing the web.
God Bless!
2 comments:
Alot of peole say they believe in the Bible.In Darwin's case he could probably say "I belive the Bible is a written book" LOL.Some people do go against God when something happens to them that they did't want.He may of thought he had better theory or better "ideas" than the Bible because many people don't wan't to have faith,but the Bble does have evidence and scientific proof that that it is true.By the way some raseists are Christians!!!! Crazy
Thanks for all your comments. They are greatly appreciated!
In response to your comment that some racists are christians, I am not saying you can't be a christian if you are a racist. I do think that racism is a sin, and it's not only wrong it's unfair to judge people by their nationality.
Thanks again for posting! I hope to be posting again in the future soon!
Post a Comment