This past weekend I sang in Handel's messiah at one of the best concert halls in the world. (I won't name the concert hall for obvious reasons.) It was by far one of the most exciting experiences of my life. Many of the choruses I found where amazing, simply lyrically and the fact that over 200 people were singing them. Some of these include Glory to God, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain, And the Glory of the Lord, and of course, the Halleluiah Chorus.
The Halleluiah Chorus amazed me the most though. When over 200 voices and a symphony are giving it their all at a song that simply praises God, it is truly amazing. To top it all off, the fact that everyone in the sold out concert hall is all standing, many of them not Christians, in respect to God just makes me overjoyed.
If you haven't seen the Messiah live, I suggest you try and find a large choir and orchestra performing it in a good, packed concert hall.
God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment