Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The True Nativity

So many times at Christmas, I notice these Nativity scenes with the manager looking more like a bed. I've acctually seen a "Nativity" scene in a Russian like room, with baby Jesus on a 4 foot high bed. That sickens me.
I hate how we take the Nativity scene and turn it into a cozy little scene. It was disgusting. Walk into any farm barn today and take a deep breath. That was the first thing Jesus breathed. Lie down on a bed of wet het, with animal siliva and other food around. That was Jesus' first bed. Listen to the sound of animals. That was the first thing Jesus heard.
This is humility beyond all things. It would be humility if Jesus was born in the most royal palace on earth. He deserved better then that. But he got a dump.
We should remember this Christmas while we are in our warm home eating turkey and using gifts, what Jesus had for his first Christmas.

God Bless!

No comments: